Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'M A COUGAR NOW

diy cut off shorts, vintage jacket, diy top from strange cargo in chicago, f21 tights

I have been shredding and bleaching and dying all of the clothes that I hate but want to love. These used-to-be-mom jeans were my first experiment. Turned out pretty decent. Think I may dip dye them still. I was super hyped to wear my creation along with this jacket for my birthday, only to find out it was COLD AS HELL (Winter hell, not hot hell. Hot hell would be fantastic and not really hell). So I had to wear pants and a coat on my birthday. I think the weather thought it was giving me a gift by being the same temperature as my age and throwing in a ton of wind. Screw you, weather, screw you. You're terrible at gift giving. 

I've never wanted January to come so bad. Road tripping down south and west. I mean, south south. Where I avoid all things Winter. And then I will continue to avoid Winter for the entire month because I will be couch surfing in southern California. Hello California friends, and thank you for letting me stay with you all. Love you. Youda youda best. I will buy pizza and nachos for everyone. I swear to all things holy, if by a freak chance it comes anywhere near snowing where I will be, I AM GOING TO MURDER AN INNOCENT PERSON. <3

Took almost no photos of my birthday last night that weren't completely blurry. Really we barely took any pictures at all. That just means we were having way too much FUN. 



Surf party song. HBD to me.


Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. that is theee sickest jacket ! awesome idea



    www.dragonnfruit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy [belated] birthday! and if the weather continues to be the same temperature as your age, by the time you're 70 it should be fine.

    love your shorts, they look so cool like that! my friend and i have been planning to bleach/dye stuff for ages, but we never get around to it. it's sad.

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday! :)
    & the shirt in your party pictures is awesome.
    && I don't know how many times I've already said this (probably about a billion), but I'll say it again: your jewelry is so cool.




    praisingshadows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all your necklaces and how you wore the belt as a necklace! the tie dye jacket is beautiful! any advice for dyeing things? I wanted to dye a top in stripes but have no experience!

    http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com/
    http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I approve of everything going on with this outfit ;) You only know that you hafta visit me (I have a lovely couch AND futon) when in socal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE! dude I need you to come do my closet :)

    xo
    www.fluentbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that jumper is hella hot! Very gypsy like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome jacket, and all your jewellery is to die for

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did to your shorts! They really look perfect! Where do you live that is so cold? Here in Madrid, winter never seems to arrive this year! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, come and visit whenever you like!

    http://fromheretofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the tie dye jacket thing! happy birthday grrl hope it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks great. I love the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWEE HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! Loved the DIY items, now I'm inspired to do the same with ugly pieces I have lol. Overall I just love your styleee!!! (:

    -Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! Tie dye heaven. Love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your sweater that you've shredded and dyed! Glad ya had a pleasant birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!! :)
    Fantastic look <3 those shorts are so perfect!!
    Following you :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the outfit great pics. OMgosh your plans for January sound amazing I bet you are going to have a blast xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are a riot! i like your clothing creations. you can't possibly be old enough to be a cougar.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my that jacket is amazing. super jealous of the couch surfing. blahhhhhh. think of us in the suckey cold x

    ReplyDelete