Thursday, March 22, 2012

DESERT BABY DESERT BABY

cactus bag from ebay, etched bracelets from namibia, thrifted and diy cut off shorts, thrifted vest from a friend, ebay boots, unearthen pendulum necklace, ebay geometric necklace, melrose trading post vile necklace

I could not be itching to be back in the desert any freaking more. Is it transparent? I got this cheeseball cactus bag and geometric abalone necklace on ebay recently. My search entries for the one of the days were as follows: "palm tree bag", "cactus bag", "joshua tree shirt", "desert scene shirts", "desert purse", "snake in desert clothes", "canyon shirts", "sedona t-shirt", "arizona patches", "sun patches" and so on. I think I have a problem. Anyway, I ended up with this bag that I imagine a visor-wearing 60 year old woman with a smokers voice,  who goes to Arizona for the Winter with her third husband likely was my rival bidder. She was probably pretty cool. Like the grandma in Napoleon Dynamite, she undoubtedly owns a llama and likes to go out with her old lady friends to gamble and flirt.  

AND THIS VEST. Oh, this vest. My coworker bought it for me at a thrift store and I had left it at work for the longest time until I was digging through my junk yesterday. Thank god I found it. I feel like I should probably own a magic lamp with this thing on. Genie, where are you? My three wishes would involve the desert (duh), lots of enchiladas, and fish scales.

PS. Pretty sure Stick got a hold of some DMT or something.
 

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. the deepest warmest depths of my heart are reserved for cacti. that bag is perfect, and just maybe i'm typing 'cactus bag' into ebay right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think thats one of the coolest bags ive seen in a really long time! very jealous! that vest is gorgeous too! xo

    http://awingedpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. last week was my first trip to the desert and if i had read this before then i wouldn't have truly understood how strong the pull to be there is. i can totally see why you miss it

    -PRADA SUNNIES GIVEAWAY -
    Sunnie
    (.=

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving your shorts! while i'm not a desert person myself, (too much sun = me fainting I AM A VAMPIRE) that back is super rad!

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vest and bag are amazing! x

    Lubna
    ELLE VOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the shorts and boots combo!
    diaryofahothousewife.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the bag... so not cheesey... i make dang good potato spinach enchiladas... you'd love...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the boots

    http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the most amazing bag I have ever seen! Love the vest too!

    Kelsey

    www.whentowear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahaha, take that bag out on a dune buggy like Napoleon's grandma! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very neat bag. Also I adooooore your boots <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. get out of TOWWWWNN. you look so great.
    move to california and we can go to the desert all the time and oh my god life will be perfect and we wont have to deal with cold weather EVER AGAIN!
    omg omg omg.

    ReplyDelete
  13. favorite blogger. hands down. you need to be more recognized.

    ReplyDelete
  14. K I'm officially dying from your 60 yr old smoker lady description... Whatever, I think that bag is rad and you wear it well. Love reading your posts, you always crack me up!

    ReplyDelete