Monday, March 26, 2012

PUT A SUN ON IT

DIY vest, shorts, and top - thrifted boots, belt and bag - ebay bootstraps 


The exposure in this photo group is completely blasted - whoops! Too much sun, too little looking at the settings on the camera?

Here I am riddled in a bunch of DIY junk. When I am not lazy, generally I am the polar opposite. I become a cracked-out motivated weirdo who ends up bleaching and cutting everything, and sometimes even a little sewing happens here and there. This motivation usually only has the lifespan of a couple hours, so I hustle like crazy to get procrastinated work done. We will start with this vest. Thrifted, obviously. I tied it up, threw some bleach on it, and ironed this freaking awesome sun to the back of it. Paired with the bleach, it kinda makes the entire backside look like a summer day, doesn't it? AND GOD KNOWS I LOVE SUMMER DAYS.  The shorts were old and annoying, so I shredded and dyed them a little. Same with the shirt.

Part of me wants to apologize for boring you with shorts non-stop, but I really can't help it. Shorts are me. Guess you've just got to deal with it, folks.

Also, besides using gift cards, I have only bought thrifted clothing for almost 2 whole months now! Whoohoo. Go me. 
PS. It kind of blows. I WANT TO SHOP. 

PPS. I forgot to put a link in my sidebar, but for those of you that have Lookbook - I am trying to use it more. MY LOOKBOOK. I need more interesting people to fan.
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. wuuut!?!? you did that vest?!?!? AND the shorts and shirt. you rock my life casey. woof. <3
    I wish I was not lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the DIY items, niice job!!

    -Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah shit man, this is perfect. Not boring at all, I love shorts too!!!!
    You look drop dead stunning in that third photo. Like the angle and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that vest has me yearning for summer even more, which i really didn't think was possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on keeping with the thrifting! Love that necklace. Shorts are you, don't change. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite has to be that bag! Great DIY job too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bleached denim vest! I really wanna tackle some DIY myself... so cheers for the ideas1 =)

    Follow back?

    xx http://lestage2012.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That vest is awesome! I really need a good denim vest but I really only thrift so it takes twice as long to find one xD Willing to wait though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer thrifting! You can find so much more unique stuff. And I like the exposure of these pics too-- who says they have to be perfect? I think they look cool. You have such a hodge-podgy boho style. I love that bag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a good diy I have a pair of orange jeans sitting in a bowl of bleach as I type this. Your diy's are amazing and the vest looks awesome. Dont apologise about wearing shorts I am the same when the sun is out. Amazing as always doll xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have been cutting, dying, ripping and bleaching to my lil hearts content... it also keeps shopping at bay :) love it all as always :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. you DIY it sooo good. where the F did you find that sun? this rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your outfit, you look really great, I love your style.
    xx

    ReplyDelete